Monday, June 29, 2020

Fire-Ready-Aim Oops!

Some of us tend to operate on the principle of Fire-Ready-Aim.
I’m betting the desired outcome is often missed and if reached, the process of getting there was filled with worry and mishaps.
This behavior is never going to break into the top ten of the best planning tactics of all time.  Guaranteed!

If you find yourself wishing you could be more proactive and less reactive in your thoughts and deeds I would encourage you to practice a simple exercise.

Try asking yourself these four questions before taking any action.

 1.   What am I doing?
 2.   Why am I doing it?
 3.   What outcome do I want?
 4.   What outcome should I expect? 

Write these questions down and review them daily until they become automatic thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment